Saturday, May 03, 2008

Plea

So many of these waking moments I live,

in never-ending thoughts of what might be,

of what might be between you and me,

and I end up feeling so empty

I close my eyes to try and block it out,

this loneliness hangs like a dark cloud,

bitter reminder of what I'm left without,

there is no solace, only fear and doubt

Only you can save me,

Only you can end this,

Cos I no longer know how to save myself,

I'm drowning with memories and dreams,

dreams are all that's left

Each time I try to reach out to you,

I fall short out of uncertainty and fear,

There's so much I need to say to you,

Instead I let it all slip away with a tear

Only you can save me,

Only you can release me,

From these walls closing in on my soul,

Behind this fake smile and haunted eyes,

is a soul in need of your love

Saving lives, helping those in need,

is so much easier,

then saving myself... I don't know how to save myself

not anymore...

No comments: