Saturday, January 21, 2006

River of Time
For every day that passes without a pause,
without a break in the river of time,
that we are left trailing behind,
watching the world dissappear into the distance,
and its only just the two of us, holding hands,
to watch it all go by in the end

When its not everyone who says what we ought to do,
they never really knew how much it all means,
that you never look away from me,
that you never leave, nor abandon me,
because without your hand holding mine,
I would drown in the river of time

There can be a million things in this life,
that makes you want to let go, break down and cry,
things that neither of us can hope to control nor deny,
but failure is just a fact of life,
the only true defeat, for either of us,
is when we stop trying, when we stop believing

I don't know how deep your feelings are,
and I know that my own is beyond words,
Its a secret that remains locked in our hearts,
but it isn't one that tears us apart,
for we are more than just spoken words,
we are joined in a ways unspoken,
and trust is the bond that holds us together,
my dear, we need nothing more...
together, we will brave the river of time

-The Burn

No comments: