Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Fire

Am I so different,

From the man standing next to me?

With the pale skin and the blue eyes,

Am I so different?

That we cannot speak of it,

That I cannot see through his eyes

Does it make him hate me?

For being so different from what he is,

For not fitting in with the familiar,

Does it make him shun me?

By not letting me in,

By casting me out upon the fire

The fire that burns my dark skin,

Are the flames that fuel my spirit,

Your hatred is only disguised fear,

For underneath burning flesh and skin,

Lies the truth that will condemn,

That I bleed the same as you do…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey parth, Ann here, I'm in the states too!! u still hv my msn rite? Drop me a note!!

Take care..

Stacy Bailey said...

Hello! This is the first time I've looked at your blog. I just want you to know that I think your poetry is beautiful. Would you mind if I keep reading? :)
*Btw: I found your blog by searching for people who also like The Ataris.* :)