Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Different Kind of Friend

If you need me,

Whenever you think of me,

Think of me as your friend,

Even if it may not seem as obvious,

Even when it seems so different

I may not be the friend,

That gives you utmost joy,

But I will be there,

When you need me the most,

I’ll be your pillar

I may not be the life of the party,

May not be sky and the birds and the wind,

But I will be the ground under your feet,

The grass you lay upon,

I’ll be your shelter

I may not be the one

who brings you heaven and paradise,

but I will be the one

to walk through hell for you,

I’ll be your guardian angel

In darkness you will find me,

I’ll be the hand that will reach you,

And lead the way,

Through that very shadow of death

So you may live on,

My friend…

No comments: